Week 10 :
Tuesday, October 30
****SELF PORTRAITS ARE DUE AT THE BEGINNING OF CLASS.**** We will begin a new project.
- We looked at your self portraits. Most of them looked unfinished and not nearly as well done as your portraits of each other. I gave you all until next Tuesday to redo them before I grade them.
- Everyone was given a tool to draw. We began by making four "thumbnail" sketches to experiment with different ideas of how to compose our drawing.
- You chose two of your four thumbnails to enlarge on toned paper. Using "sighting" you made sure that your enlarged drawings were the same proportion as your thumbnails.
- After you enlarged your thumbnail with pencil on toned paper, you went over the drawing with black ink and a brush. I asked you experiement with "line quality". This means experiementing with the thickness and flow of the ink line to add areas of emphasis and variety.
Oct 23 (Translated by Google Translate)
Thursday, November 1
Today will be a work day. We will complete our ink drawings.
HOMEWORK: *** DRAWING PADS ARE DUE AT THE BEGINNING OF NEXT CLASS.***
- Today was a workday. We completed our drawings of tools.
- Don't forget that your drawing pads are due next Tuesday. See below for a list of the drawings that should be completed. Make sure you drawings are in order and clearly labeled before you turn your drawing pad in for grading.
Nov 1 (Translated by Google Translate)
Drawings that are due next Tuesday:
1. Copy of Sargeant's drawing of "Madame X"
2. Portrait of a partner.
4. Copy of portrait value study.
5. Self Portrait
6. Big Portrait (I have these and they will be graded)
I will also be grading your sphere terminology quiz.